Session 4 - Resources
Part 7 - Tips for what to do if you feel guilty?
- Remember that you are not responsible for your family member’s illness or placement in a care facility.
- Remember that your family member is safe in the care facility.
- Reach out to friends or family members, if possible.
- Consider joining a support group, or talk with others at the care facility. Other caregivers may be experiencing the same feelings and may welcome the opportunity to talk to someone who understands what they’re going through.
- Work to reconnect with your family member and re-establish the role you had before you became a caregiver.
- Begin to plan your life around your schedule and look after your own needs: reconnect with friends, enjoy a hobby or leisure activity.
- Try to re-establish healthy sleeping patterns and a healthy diet.
- Remember that you matter!
Other Sessions in My Tools 4 Care - In Care