Session 5 - Be Physically Active
Part 4 - Physical Activity and Alzheimer’s Disease
Living one day at a time, doing the things you enjoy and the things that bring you meaning and fulfillment are just some of the ways to live with Alzheimer’s disease.
The disease progression cannot be stopped, but you can still maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat properly.
- Stay active - ask your doctor what kinds of activities you can do.
- Rest when you are tired.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- Stay connected to family members and friends.
Activities that were important and meaningful for you throughout your life will continue to be important and meaningful.
- If you enjoy music, cooking, gardening, fishing or sports, continue making them a part of your everyday routine.
- You can also take pleasure in living in the moment, appreciating the small joys of life, such as seeing flowers coming into bloom, watching birds at a feeder and pushing a child in a swing. Capture these moments and enjoy them.
Join the Conversation
Visit the Discussion Forums, where you can post, in a common area, messages to all other community members. It’s a place for you to interact with others and to discuss the ideas introduced here.
At any time, you may scroll to the Search bar at the top of the page and type a specific question or topic.
Other Sessions in Brain Health - Education Series