Session 5 - Be Physically Active
Part 2 - Be Active! Self Test
Physical activity can help you feel better, reduce stress and maintain health. It helps to prevent muscle weakness and health complications associated with inactivity.
Physical activity also promotes a normal day-and-night routine and may help to improve mood. The type of activity that works best for you will depend on your fitness level, present activity level and overall health.
Take the Be Active! Quiz to learn more about the role of physical activity in the health, well-being and quality of life of Canadians. It’s a short quiz with ten questions – made available by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Be Active! Quiz
1. By being regularly physically active, you can help to prevent:
2. Someone who is 18 years or older should do aerobic activity for at least:
3. Someone who is 5-17 years old should get at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous-intensity physical activity daily.
4. Muscle-strengthening activities include:
5. Bone-strengthening activities include:
6. By combining aerobic and strengthening activities you will improve your health and well-being.
7. Which of the following are considered physical activities?
8. Adults and older adults can break moderate to vigorous aerobic activity into sessions of 10 minutes.
Join the Conversation
Visit the Discussion Forums, where you can post, in a common area, messages to all other community members. It’s a place for you to interact with others and to discuss the topics and ideas shared here.
At any time, you may scroll to the Search bar at the top of the page and type a specific question or topic.
Other Sessions in Brain Health - Education Series